CSP Elite Baseball Improvement Podcast: Making Sense of Supplements with Angie Asche
Written on October 15, 2019 at 7:26 pm, by Eric Cressey
We’re excited to welcome sports activities dietitian Angie Ashe to this week’s podcast. Angie does an excellent job with dietary counseling for a spread of athletes, and has lots of expertise working with baseball gamers particularly. On this episode, we delve into the controversial subject of vitamin supplementation.
- How Angie goes about beginning dietary conversations with her athletes and educating them what they’ll do earlier than seeking to dietary dietary supplements
- Why athletes must be maximizing what they’re consuming and ingesting earlier than worrying about what dietary supplements they need to be taking
- What complement story initially sparked Angie’s curiosity on this planet of dietary supplements as a dietician
- The place athletes will be misguided by the hype round dietary supplements
- What dietary supplements Angie sees as must-haves in all peoples’ diets
- What packing containers Angie appears to be like to test earlier than recommending dietary supplementation in youth athletes
- Why people have to be conscious of the post-market testing mannequin exploited by the complement trade to be able to perceive the significance of shopping for third social gathering verified merchandise
- How being acutely aware of substances on complement labels could make it simpler for shoppers to establish protected and moral dietary supplements
- What dietary supplements are an entire waste of cash
- What athletes have to find out about standard dietary supplements comparable to BCAAs, collagen powders, probiotics, and glutamine
- What to search for and stray away from when investing in protein powders
- What tips Angie recommends for consuming creatine and the way it may be used to enhance athletic efficiency
- With the heightened reputation of preworkout and power drinks, why athletes must be cognizant of the supply of their caffeine consumption and what Angie recommends for caffeine consumption in a single’s weight-reduction plan
- What analysis says about the advantages of ingesting espresso and the way acquiring caffeine from wholesome sources is commonly missed for wholesome residing and bettering human efficiency
- How people must be involved about consuming extra processed protein sources as extra persons are shifting away from animal consumption and in the direction of various diets
- The place Angie goes to study extra about vitamin and keep updated on the analysis of the sphere
- What Angie’s go-to smoothie is for skinny people seeking to acquire weight
- The place Angie sees future analysis within the vitamin group heading
This episode is delivered to you by Marc Pro, a cutting-edge EMS machine that makes use of patented expertise to create non-fatiguing muscle activation. Muscle activation with Marc Professional facilitates every stage of the physique’s pure restoration process- just like lively restoration, however with out the additional effort and muscle fatigue. Athletes can use it for so long as they should guarantee a extra full and fast restoration in between coaching or video games. With its portability and ease of use, gamers can use Marc Professional whereas touring between video games or whereas stress-free at house. Gamers and trainers from each MLB group – together with over 200 professional pitchers – use Marc Professional. Put Marc Professional to the take a look at for your self with their new “Strive Earlier than you Purchase” program, and use promo code CRESSEY at checkout at www.MarcPro.com for 10% off in your order.
In the event you like what you hear, we’d be thrilled should you’d take into account subscribing to the podcast and leaving us an iTunes evaluation. You are able to do so HERE.
And, we welcome your recommendations for future friends and questions. Simply e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to your continued help!
Signal-up Right now for our FREE Baseball Publication and Obtain Prompt Entry to a 47-minute Presentation from Eric Cressey on Individualizing the Administration of Overhead Athletes!